Gauging Twitter's mark on the London Olympics
Gauging Twitter's mark on the London OlympicsOver 10 million Olympic-related tweets were sent out in the opening days of the London games, but as Al Jazeera's Jonah Hull reports, the micro-blogging service may be testing the organisers' control over athletes and fans alike. A Greek triple jumper and a Swiss footballer have been kicked out of the Games for sending racist tweets. But the olympians aren't the only ones feeling the heat brought on by the 140-character blasts, a fan was arrested for abusing a young british diver on twitter. Video News Gauging Twitter's mark on the London Olympics
Knowledge is Power. Enter your email.
Watch videos news in the "Video News" category of USA from here:
Latest Video News :
- Raw: Calif. Storm Brings Flooding
- Ind. Man Says He Will Remove Romney Face Tattoo
- News Bulletin - 19:30 GMT update
- Talking 'The Amazing Race' With Jaymes and James
- Attorney: Lohan 'Probably' Looking at Jail Time
- Lucky Mo. Town Post Powerball: 'It's About Time'
- Ricky Martin Heads to the Small Screen
- Raw: 3 Dead After Attack at Wyo. College
- US fiscal cliff could put economy into recessions
- Egyptians Protest Draft Constitution
- World AIDS Day 2012 More Hopeful Than in Past
- Political factions in Egypt try to muster support
- NTSB Chair: 'Significant Damage to the Bridge'
- 49ers Smith: 'No Resentment' After Benching
- UN approves Palestinian status upgrade
- Weeks Later, Assessing Sandy Damage in N.J.
- Palestinians Get Non-Member State Status in Historic UN Vote
- Exhumation of Arafat's body underway
- Little Big Town Fights Against Child Hunger
- Minn. Homeowner Charged in Fatal Shootings
- Family Swept to Sea Mourned in Northern Calif.
- White House: Consumer Spending Will Decline Unless Congress Averts Fiscal Cliff
- Game Kill
- Palestinians Blame Israel for Economic Slump
- News on Al Jazeera English created by aje
- Stream Leads 26/11/2012
- Muslim Women Host Fundraiser for Sandy Victims
If you liked "Gauging Twitter's mark on the London Olympics" find more news:
Also in English: