Families protest against extradition in the UK
Families protest against extradition in the UKFour families of men who are set to be extradited from the UK to the US have protested outside Downing Street, claiming the men's right to a fair trail in their own country is being denied and the UK is treating them as enemies of the state. The argument put forward by these families is an argument highlighted by the case of Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, who is wanted in Sweden on sex charges he denies. His supporters say extradition to Sweden would be just the first step in Assange being handed over to the US because he has embarrassed the US government by leaking sensitive information. The protesters presented a petition to 10 Downing Street. The British government is already in talks with the US with a view of reviewing the treaty. Al Jazeera's Harry Smith reports from London. Video News Families protest against extradition in the UK
Knowledge is Power. Enter your email.
Watch videos news in the "Video News" category of USA from here:
Latest Video News :
- Raw: Calif. Storm Brings Flooding
- Ind. Man Says He Will Remove Romney Face Tattoo
- News Bulletin - 19:30 GMT update
- Talking 'The Amazing Race' With Jaymes and James
- Attorney: Lohan 'Probably' Looking at Jail Time
- Lucky Mo. Town Post Powerball: 'It's About Time'
- Ricky Martin Heads to the Small Screen
- Raw: 3 Dead After Attack at Wyo. College
- US fiscal cliff could put economy into recessions
- Egyptians Protest Draft Constitution
- World AIDS Day 2012 More Hopeful Than in Past
- Political factions in Egypt try to muster support
- NTSB Chair: 'Significant Damage to the Bridge'
- 49ers Smith: 'No Resentment' After Benching
- UN approves Palestinian status upgrade
- Weeks Later, Assessing Sandy Damage in N.J.
- Palestinians Get Non-Member State Status in Historic UN Vote
- Exhumation of Arafat's body underway
- Little Big Town Fights Against Child Hunger
- Minn. Homeowner Charged in Fatal Shootings
- Family Swept to Sea Mourned in Northern Calif.
- White House: Consumer Spending Will Decline Unless Congress Averts Fiscal Cliff
- Game Kill
- Palestinians Blame Israel for Economic Slump
- News on Al Jazeera English created by aje
- Stream Leads 26/11/2012
- Muslim Women Host Fundraiser for Sandy Victims
If you liked "Families protest against extradition in the UK" find more news:
Also in English: