Azerbaijan criticised ahead of Eurovision
Azerbaijan criticised ahead of EurovisionAzerbaijan is hosting the Eurovision song contest, but already people are questioning the lack of transparency in funding the musical extravaganza. While the country may be rich in oil, some people say they are paying a heavy price for the singing competition, which the country won last year. The government has reduced spending on water improvement projects and has channeled one third of the existing funds to the Eurovision, despite lack of basic facilities like water supply to the people. Human rights activists have also come out on the streets to highlight its poor track record, as the country has come under global media spotlight. Al Jazeera's Sohail Rahman reports from the capital, Baku. Video News Azerbaijan criticised ahead of Eurovision
Knowledge is Power. Enter your email.
Watch videos news in the "Video News" category of USA from here:
Latest Video News :
- Raw: Calif. Storm Brings Flooding
- Ind. Man Says He Will Remove Romney Face Tattoo
- News Bulletin - 19:30 GMT update
- Talking 'The Amazing Race' With Jaymes and James
- Attorney: Lohan 'Probably' Looking at Jail Time
- Lucky Mo. Town Post Powerball: 'It's About Time'
- Ricky Martin Heads to the Small Screen
- Raw: 3 Dead After Attack at Wyo. College
- US fiscal cliff could put economy into recessions
- Egyptians Protest Draft Constitution
- World AIDS Day 2012 More Hopeful Than in Past
- Political factions in Egypt try to muster support
- NTSB Chair: 'Significant Damage to the Bridge'
- 49ers Smith: 'No Resentment' After Benching
- UN approves Palestinian status upgrade
- Weeks Later, Assessing Sandy Damage in N.J.
- Palestinians Get Non-Member State Status in Historic UN Vote
- Exhumation of Arafat's body underway
- Little Big Town Fights Against Child Hunger
- Minn. Homeowner Charged in Fatal Shootings
- Family Swept to Sea Mourned in Northern Calif.
- White House: Consumer Spending Will Decline Unless Congress Averts Fiscal Cliff
- Game Kill
- Palestinians Blame Israel for Economic Slump
- News on Al Jazeera English created by aje
- Stream Leads 26/11/2012
- Muslim Women Host Fundraiser for Sandy Victims
If you liked "Azerbaijan criticised ahead of Eurovision" find more news:
Also in English: